Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January Thaw and Flowers, Flowers, Flowers

It is no secret that I love flowers.
Collection Daisy Flats
 This spring, J Crew has knocked it out of the park with some fetching, feminine florals that I am finding irresistible. My personal favorite is the Libery Lodden print.  I am a fan of William Morris and the Arts and Crafts movement, but in particular, I have always been drawn to his Lodden print.  I think that Beth Russell's adaptation of Lodden represents one of the finest interpretations in needlepoint of an art classic.Over the years I have purchased 2 copies of her books with the Lodden pattern. One day, I will make that cushion.
Lodden by Beth Russell
Last year's Brooks Brothers Tote
 The Lodden Brooks Brother's tote from last spring will always be the one that got away , in my mind.
 I hemmed and hawed because I loved the print, but really did not need another tote.  Foolish, because the colors and leather handles were incomparable.
Liberty Lodden at J Crew

J Crew is offering  the Lodden print in a gorgeous pink colorway.  I have seen it in person, and the colors are prettier than pictured.  They also have a green version of Lodden in a peasant styled bloue that I saw in store, but do not see on line.  Now, I covet the Lodden blouse, but feel that $150.00 is a steep price for a cotton Perfect shirt, because they really do not flatter me.  I am giving this a lot of thought, because I am so loyally enamored of the pattern and the colors, and I don't want it to be this years version of the one that got away. I am going to try on the other version in store today, and will let you know if it is a contender.  The green color is wonderful, and green is my favorite color, but the pink is just sublime.
Delores Tunic Tory Burch

Theory Zorina Lace Shirt

Sequined Kati Cardigan Kate Spade
There are so many floral beauties this spring, I am delighted.
My fantasy pick would be this perfect pair of shoes from Salvatore Ferragamo.

Shelly Perforated Leather Bow Flats  Salvatore Ferragamo



But, my penchant for practicality would probably steer me closer to this...
Daisy Lace Three Quarter Sleeve Tee J Crew

Do you like floral festooned garments? Are you an ardent Liberty lover?

4 comments:

  1. I love florals (funny because I'm a bit of a tomboy) and I love all the florals coming out this spring, right up my alley. I don't know the history of the Liberty prints, but I am a recent fan. I wear button-ups a lot, and the colors in the pink Lodden Liberty shirt flatter me, but it is still hard to take the $150 price tag. If I don't buy this shirt, I know it will be the one that got away. I love that blue print of the tote. Have you stalked eBay for it? I hope you find it some day, I can see why you like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the Lodden perfect shirt is special. I also think $ 150.00 is quite pricey, although that is commensurate with what they cost on the Liberty of London site, and I prefer the J Crew colors. E-bay is a great idea. I hadn't thought to check!

      Delete
  2. I am like you and love florals too! I was interested to read about this pattern! That is really neat to know and makes it more intriguing to me!! I am with you on that tote - that is breathtaking!

    can't wait to hear about the peasant blouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. I went and saw the peasant blouse again. $110.00. I didn't have time to try it on. It is sized by letter, not number so it probably has some leeway. My only concern is that it looks short, and it has an elasticized hem. I'll let you know when I go back. I do love florals.

      Delete